Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reign or Shine by Michelle Rowen

Demon Princess: Reign or Shine by Michelle Rowen
     Nikki Donavan was tired of moving from town to town living with her mother's latest man. They are currently residing in a small town in Canada and instead of being the inconsequential "New Girl" she actually has friends. She might actually fit in this time seeing as how her new bff is the school Queen B and she is setting her up with the hottest guy in school. Everything is going great until the creepy and slightly cute guy following her, Michael, tells her she is a princess...of the Shadowlands...and that makes her part DEMON! Being a half demon princess might be more than she can handle. Nikki will have to start adjusting to demonic life , let's just hope she can stay ahead of those who are trying to kill her long enough to.

     This was a cute book if a little corny. I liked Nikki, but Michael, not so much. I guess I was expecting more from him. He is so self sacrificing that it isn't attractive. He doesn't ever really go after what he wants or display any assertiveness. It might just be me, but I like my male characters to be a little manly. Maybe it's just the nature of who/what he is. The "big bad" in the book was a little predictable. I have to say that when it came down to the action Nikki is one fierce girl (and Michael once again was shown up by her). Despite my not liking Michael Nikki is awesome. I kinda wish I was a half demon. All in all this was a pretty good book and I will be picking up the sequel. This book gets a 3 1/2 STAR rating.

***Demon Princess Extras***
Demon Princess: Reign or Shine by Michelle Rowen has approximately 288 pages and was published on September 29, 2009 by Walker Childrens. There is a sequel to this book called Demon Princess: Reign Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment