Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Love Sucks! by Melissa Francis


Title: Love Sucks!
Author: Melissa Francis
Publisher: HarperTeen (July 27, 2010)
Series: AJ Ashe #2
Length: 288 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Format: paperback

Description From Goodreads:

AJ Ashe is moving on. Sure she still has not-so-sisterly feelings for Ryan, her ex-boyfriend-turned-step-brother, but there’s a new vampire in town and his name is Alexander Archer. Caught between the desire to move forward with Sexy Lexy and being drawn to her past with Ryan, AJ thinks life couldn’t get anymore complicated. Yeah, right. When her mother’s pregnancy is threatened, it looks like AJ’s long lost father is the only person who can save her. But Dad’s help comes with a price. AJ is forced join the evil side of her family, and a very creepy shape-shifting demon is there to make sure AJ cooperates. All this and she’s still got to plan the prom. Being a teenager is tough, but being a teenage vampire just flat out sucks. Pun totally intended.

My Thoughts:

Melissa Francis carries on the series with Bite Me! This was a fun and enjoyable read in the AJ Ashe series and far surpasses Love Sucks! by leaps and bounds. The tumultuous relationship between AJ and Ryan continues and gets even more complicated. There is an edition of a second love interest for AJ who I thought added a much need oomph to the book. Some of you might be thinking, really?, another love interest? I promise you Lex is amazing. He is definitely my favorite guy in the story. Readers learn a lot more background information about this world of vampires and witches, and AJ's family. The "big bad" of the series appears in this installment, but the whole story just seemed rushed. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the book, but at the end I as thinking, that's it? I couldn't believe everything was wrapped up that fast. The addition of a third book would be really good, but I haven't seen/heard of one (if you know please tell me!). Overall I was just the tiniest bit disappointed and this disappointment outweighed what I liked. I give this book a 3 STAR rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment