TOP TEN BOOKS DEALING WITH WITCHES/MAGICAL PEOPLE!
10. Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare- this was a required reading when I was in high school and one of the best books I read while there. I absolutely love this book and will always recommend it!
9. Sweep by Cate Tiernan- I'm going with the series in general on this one since each book is pretty thin and there are fifteen of them. Morgan discovers she is a witch and her life is changed forever. This is a stand out series because there isn't and hokey magic, but magic that one could almost believe is real. There is an awesome love triangle and the struggles of Morgan coming to terms with her witchy heritage are interesting.
8. Wicked by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie- This too is a series. Holly's parents die and she has to move in with her cousins. The girls learn of their witch heritage together. This is a unique series. It is clearly YA, but may be considered to graphic or uncomfortable for some. The witches in this series aren't the ones that do white magic and make flowers bloom. These are some hardcore ladies and men here. I absolutely love this series. There are little snippets at the beginning of each chapter...love them.
7. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray- This is the second book in the Gemma Doyle trilogy. I haven't read the first or the second. I was able to pick up the second book and understand everything all while falling in love with this world. This is a darker more imaginative version of the Bewitching Season (taking place roughly in the same time period if not earlier) and can I just say how awesome these covers are.
6. Witch Child by Celia Rees- this is the first book of a duo, the second being the Sorceress. Witch Child is different it will have you questioning everything even after you have finished. Think colonial times with witch accusations and Native Americans.
5. Once A Witch by Carolyn MacCullough- I love this book and can't wait to get my hands on the second one. Go check out my review :)
4. Toil and Trouble, A Paranormal Romance by H.P. Mallory- This is the second book in the Jolie Wilkins series. Not only is the magic part of the book awesome, but I'm a sucker for love triangles and this one has one of the best I've ever read. * This is an adult book with crossover potential
3. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins- Think boarding school, mean girls, demons, hot guys, and one huge surprise for the heroine. The third book in the series Spell Bound comes out TODAY!
2. Bitter Night by Diana Pharaoh Francis- the first book in the Horngate Witches series and it's pure awesome. A kick butt heroine who takes no prisoners. Don't be fooled by the title, the main character isn't a witch per se, but it does involve witches.
1. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl- My love for this book and this series know no bounds! Set in the south it deals with mysteries, family secrets, ghosts, and all sorts of supernatural creatures. To top it all off it has one epic love story. The icing on the cake is there is
* All of the book links connect to Amazon, I don't receive anything I just like Amazon
Witch Season series by Jeff Mariotte
Black Dust Mambo by Adrian Phoenix (voodoo)
The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch (voodoo/hoodoo)
The Garnet Lacey series by Tate Hallaway (adult/crossover)
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling is in a league of it's own