Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Feature! Topic of the Month

I've been trying to think of other things I can put on the blog so it isn't just book reviews. In addition to reviews I try to post IMMs on Sunday, Top Ten lists on Tuesday, and Thrifty finds on Thursdays. So, the new plan is that every month will have a theme and on the Monday of each week a something relating to that month's topic will be posted. These post can include reviews of books, movies, facts/myths, and maybe I can find the money to throw in a few giveaways!

Months-

April- Contemporary
May- Faeries
June- Werewolves
July- Adult-to -YA Crossover
August- Romance
September- Angels/Demons
October- Witches
November- Vampires
December- Dystopian

 April is the Month of Contemporary!

The Contemporary genre for me is classified as a book that takes place relatively close to the time period we're in. These books are "real life". (this means no Supernatural!) Most of the time they deal with school life and tough topics, i.e. disorders, family problems, etc.

April Contemporary Plan-

April 2- Book Review of Braless in Wonderland by Debbie Reed Fischer

April 8- Movie Review of Elvis and Annabelle

April 15- Book Review of Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu

April 22- I tell you about my FAVORITE contemporary reads

April 29- Book Review of Get Well Soon by Julie Halpern



* I will try to throw some other contemporary reviews in along with these.
* Also let me know what you think of this plan in the comments. Do you have any suggestions, ideas, or things you would like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment