Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 04/09/2013

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
 
 
 
Today's awesome topic is: Top Ten Books I Read Before I Was a Blogger! So this was only a couple of years ago, but for some reason it was a really hard topic for me. I gave it my best shot.
 
 
10.) The Kentucky series by Fern Michaels~ This was one of those books my mom had lying around, I picked it up, and never looked back.
 
09.) Night by Elie Wiesel~ This is one of the very few school books that I really liked. It is a tear jerker for sure.
 
08.) Brave the Wild Wind by Johanna Lindsey~ This is the romance novel I read when I was quite young and have probably read it around seven times now.
 
07.) Brave New World by Aldous Huxley~ This is the other school book I really loved. There is just something so inappropriately funny and hilarious about it!
 
06.) Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr~ This is an amazing series and I absolutely love it.
 
05.) Seven Brides series by Leigh Greenwood~ This is an amazing romance series and it just so happens to be the first romance novels I ever read. The first one was lying in the living room while I was at home during the summer and my mom was at work. I picked it (even though I knew I shouldn't) and had it read before my mom got home that day.
 
04.) Tithe by Holly Black~ I don't know...but this is one of my favorite books of all time. My copy is battered and beaten.
 
03.) Twilight by Stephanie Meyer~ I don't care who knows...I loved the Twilight books, loved them before they became popular and just one lonely copy was all the bookstore would carry (yes, I am proud of that fact!) and will always love them.
 
02.) The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien~ I devoured this series when I was in the fifth grade and was so upset when they didn't include my favorite part in the movies! Everyone should read this series
 
01.) The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling~ I have a feeling this will probably be on many people's list and they will probably feel the same way I do about it. This series is what really sparked my life long love of books and they will always hold a special place in my bookish heart.
 
 
***After I wrote this post I remembered The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. This series makes the list as well.
 
 
 
Do we share any books? Leave me a link to your Top Ten in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. Wicked Lovely is such a great series! And underrated from what I've seen. Glad to see it on your top ten!

    ReplyDelete