Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Girl in Love by Caisey Quinn

Title: Girl In Love
Author: Caisey Quinn
Series: Kylie Ryans (#3)
Length: 350 pages
 
 
Description from Goodreads:
 
She's living her dream...Kylie Ryans is the biggest thing to come out of Nashville since, well, since Trace Corbin. With a hit album and a powerful label behind her, she appears to be the girl who has it all.

But appearances can be deceiving.

Fresh out of rehab, Trace Corbin is ready to take on the world. Just not the girl he walked away from. Because if there's one thing he knows for certain, it's that the people you love are the ones who have the power to destroy you.

As their worlds collide, they'll have to make the ultimate choice. Follow their dreams, or give it all up for love.

They say love conquers all, but for Kylie and Trace, it just might wreck everything they've worked for.

 
My Thoughts:



Kylie Ryans and Trace Corbin, I feel so attached to them. It’s almost as if I hear them on the radio every day. I have been patiently waiting for the third and final book in this trilogy to come out and thank goodness it finally has. Girl in Love by Caisey Quinn reunites readers with our favorite drama filled country couple Kylie and Trace. This is a really hard review to write. I was so hyped after the ending of the second book and the way it ended…I just expected more from the third and final book. Don’t get me wrong I still loved every minute of it and the ending was perfect as it should be.
               Kylie has is now a superstar in her own right, but something is missing from her life. That something is Trace Corbin. It has been almost a year since he left her and she is struggling day by day. Certain events happen that force our two beloved characters to deal with each other. Their main struggle is the jealousy and a lack of trust on both sides. Kylie is jealous of Gretchen and Trace is jealous of Stephen. Basically the majority of the book Kylie has her head up her butt believing that Trace no longer loves her. This kind of bugged me/go really annoying because EVERYONE could see how much they both still cared for each other. It wasn’t just a misunderstanding, but a glaring neon country-music-done-broke-my-heart kind of obvious. Kylie and Trace not acknowledging their love story line was frustrating and after ¾ of the book went by it became monotonous. I was ready for them to be with other people. Speaking of other people…I loved Stephen in this book. He became someone I cared about, wanted to find a happy ending, and generally was more interesting than our main characters. Finally, in the last half of the book the story picks up and introduces new life by way of Trace’s sisters, Kylie’s evil step-monster, and the drama with the record label caused by all of their personal drama. Once all of that was over I was one happy reader. The best part of the book by far was the epilogue. I loved getting to see how everyone’s lives turned out several years in the future. By the end of the book I was thrilled with how everything ended and exhausted by the nonstop drama at the same time. All in all I loved this series and would most definitely pick up a companion series if there ever was one (fingers crossed). I give this book a 3 STAR rating.


No comments:

Post a Comment