Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Series that Totally Rock!

I’m at home, sitting in bed, and reading Glimmerglass (A Faeriewalker novel) by Jenna Black for the fourth time. I keep asking myself, ”Why am I re-reading this?”  The answer is, because I love it! The world that Jenna Black has created where Avalon is the link between the mortal world and faerie is amazing. The other thing that I like is that as the story progresses it matures along with the characters. I must admit that I’m not a fan of Ethan. I prefer the Earle King. There is just something about him ;)
This isn’t the point of the post though. I was talking with a friend the other day and she asked me what my favorite books were. As an avid book reader, blogger, and all around nerd this was a very difficult question. While I was naming them we both noticed that they are all series. I can’t think of one single book (not part of a series) that would make my top list. I like series so much because as they progress they suck the reader in. I feel so much more invested in the characters and the way everything turns out.  So I thought I would post a list of my favorites  I love and would recommend.  So here we go in no order:

The Faeriewalker series by Jenna Black- A girl who is part faerie part human and the only one who can go between the worlds

 Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling-If you haven’t heard of this series you must have been in a coma these past years.

 Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead- this series has my favorite heroine ever! Rose Hathaway is beyond amazing.  Picture a vampire boarding school, forbidden love, and pages and pages of butt kicking action.

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr- This series alternates between characters but stays in the same world. Faeries aren’t the frilly loveable creatures Disney showed us. They are powerful and they are deadly. No one can be trusted.

 The Last Survivors by Susan Beth Pfeffer- No one believed anything would happen, but the unimaginable did. The moon was pushed closer to earth and devastating consequences ensue. This series touched my heart. I cried and wasn’t able to get it out of my mind for weeks afterward.

 Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- The lion fell in love with the lamb…seriously despite it being the cool thing to hate on this series I loved it. “Normal” girl catches the eye of a vampire and a werewolf and trouble follows.

  Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine- Clare is a genius. She goes to college early in a small Texas town only to discover that it’s ran by vampires.

 The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl- This series is unique in that it is from the pov of a male character Ethan Wate. Ethan is a human boy from a small southern town who falls for the new girl a Caster who must choose to be good or evil.

The Iron Fae by Julie Kagawa- What if you learned you are part faerie princess, your best friend is also a faerie, and you have stepped into an ancient war between the Seelie and Unseelie courts

 Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow- This is a seriously underrated series. It has all sorts of supernatural creatures, a love triangle, and an awesome heroine.  So much goes on I can’t fit it in a tiny blurb. Google it.

 Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare- You discover that your mom has lied to you your entire life about who and what you truly are. This book has everything Shadowhunters, werewolves, faeries, demons, vampires, angels, and the occasional human. PLEASE read this series so you aren’t left out.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- Go Watch the trailer on IMDB!

*** NOT A YA series that I love is the Gardellla Vampire Chronicles by Colleen Gleason- A Victorian era Buffy

This is just a short list of series that sucked me into their worlds that I thought you should know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment