Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers

Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers


Eddie’s once famous photographer father committed suicide two months ago. Her mother ignores her and just sits in her dad’s chair wearing his old housecoat. Beth, her mother’s best friends, and a woman Eddie hates has decided to move in. According to Beth everything must be done to get her mother out of her depression. No one seems to understand that Eddie is hurting too. The thing that gets to her is why did her dad do it? She thought he was happy, thought he had a good life, thought he loved her. Why would he kill himself and leave them wondering. Eddie is consumed by this question and nothing her best friend Milo does can get her out of this funk. Eddie is constantly sneaking out and going to the place where her dad committed suicide.  One day she notices she isn’t alone. A guy is there and he says that he was a student of her father’s. He seems to be just as lost as she is. They find her father’s initials engraved in a building and sequential numbers on the back of her father’s photos, the only thing that he left behind. They will go on a journey, looking for clues as why her father killed himself. Eddie has to make the choice of moving on or giving up like her father did.

This was my first Courtney Summers book and after reading it, I’m going to buy all of them tomorrow. Not even going to read what they are about, just going to buy them. Eddie’s voice in this book was so heartbreaking and so alone. I felt for her, I found myself wanting to comfort her, knock some sense into those around her. I wanted her to be better, be happy, and find all of her answers. She was just so stark and solitary. I connected to her.  As for Beth and Eddie’s mother I wanted to punch one and tell her to leave Eddie the hell alone and wanted to shake the other and tell her to remember she had a daughter. I liked the contrast between Milo and Culler and how they related to Eddie in their own unique way. I can’t express how much I loved this book. I connected to the characters and found myself invested in how her life would be after her questions were answered. I couldn’t get enough. I devoured this book. What more could a reader ask for?  I give this book a 5 STAR rating. READ IT!
***Fall For Anything Extras***
Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers has approximately 224 pages and was published December 21, 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin. Courtney has several other books including Cracked Up to Be, Some Girls Are, and a new book called This Is Not A Test will be available June 19, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment