Friday, February 10, 2012

Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman

Title: Babe in Boyland
Author: Jody Gehrman
Publisher: Dial (February 17, 2011)
Length: 304 pages
Source: bought from goHasitngs.com
Edition: Hardcover

From the Book:

     Natalie is Dr. Aphrodite- the love guru for her high school paper. But Natalie's relationship advice is totally bombing, especially when it comes to knowing what guys really think and want. When she tries to investigate, the guys in her class won't give her serious or straight answers.
     The only solution? Disguising herself as a guy and spending a week at Underwood Academy, the private all-boys boarding school in town. There "Nat" learns a lot about guys and girls in ways she never expected--especially when she falls for her dreamy roommate, Emilio. How can she show him she likes him without blowing her cover?

My Thoughts:

This book was too cute! I literally laughed out loud at the audacious antics of Natalie and her friends Darcy and Chloe. They had me wishing I could be there to hear them say some of the things they said. The characters in Babe in Boyland were spectacularly sassy and just bitchy enough to be believable. Natalie's character did an amazing job of illustrating just how different males and females are from each other, both socially and emotionally. In fact, the article that Natalie writes in the end actually has useful and insightful information. There are some unbelievable parts of the book that make you go, really?, but they can be overlooked. The only "negative" aspect of the book is that, I find it lacks in the originality department. I feel like I watched this book in the Amanda Bynes movie She's the Man. Don't get me wrong, I love that movie and found this book almost as equally enjoyable, but as a repeat with a slightly different spin. I give this book a 3 STAR rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment