Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (Night Huntress #1)




Title: Halfway to the Grave
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Huntress #1
Publisher: Blackstone Audio, Inc.
Narrator:Tavia Gilbert
Length: 11 hrs. and 17 mins.
Source: Audible.com
Format: audiobook


Description from Amazon:

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father - the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unlikely partnership.
In exchange for help finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner...are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon, Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side...and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

My Thoughts:

You have to love a book where a girl can kick some serious a$$. Kat has been killing vampires since the ripe old age of sixteen.  Since her mother was raped by a vampire and she was born a half vampire, she has tried her best to please by killing anything with fangs. I felt so sorry for Kat and her mom, but then the more I got to see of her mother I kept hoping she would get eaten. Kat keeps killing as many vampires as possible to prove she's worthy, to make up for what her father did, and then one night she picks on the wrong vamp. Bones, oh Bones what can I say? I have a Jekyll-Hyde relationship with him. I love the sarcastic, butt kicking, crude humor Bones. The romantic one, not so much. His romantic side was just a tad overboard and corny to me. I kind of hope a new love interest develops for Kat in the next book. My favorite thing about their relationship is actually the arguing back and forth in the beginning of the book and wished it had continued throughout. The action and fighting is top notch. Kat is a whiz with her knives! I want to be able to fight like her. How much more awesome can she get?
      The romance, villains, and action was all good, and then there was the audio. All of the voices sounded reasonable and Kat's was especially awesome, but once again Bones let me down (I promise I'm not picking on him). When I first heard his voice I couldn't help but let out a little giggle and then think I hope she kills him soon. Then I found out he was the love interest. I'm just a girl from a small Texas town and have no idea if people in Britain have this particular accent. I know I have a country accent and some don't like it, but to each their own.  Other than that Halfway to the Grave was a great read. I give this book a 4 STAR rating.


No comments:

Post a Comment