Monday, May 6, 2013

From My Mama's Kitchen by Johnny Tan

Title: From My Mama's Kitchen
Author: Johnny Tan
Publisher: THC Investments (January 19, 2009)
Length: 150 pages
Format: paperback

Description:

Endorsed by the National Association of Mothers’ Centers and a gold award winner in the category of Inspirational/Motivational from the Mom Choice Awards®, this book is about the power of unconditional love, women empowerment, and potent leadership. Through nurturing motherly love, moms have the ability to make a positive difference in the lives of their loved ones in the roles of teacher, coach, and counselor. The book offers a wealth of wisdom for good parenting skills and communicating more effectively. Adopted at birth in Malaysia, Johnny Tan later arrived in the United States at 18 to attend college. His life’s journey led him to cross paths with several women whom he affectionately refers to as moms. His 9 moms’ insightful parenting skills and motivational words of wisdom helped him overcome the challenges of everyday living. The book pays tribute to moms all over the world in an entertaining, inspiring, and educational way. The kitchen is used as a wonderful backdrop because it is the heart of every home, and where Johnny and his moms enjoyed their many conversations. This book is designed as a keepsake for all occasions, meant to last and inspire forever. It includes a blank dedication page for readers to inscribe their own loved one’s name, and a space where readers can record their recipes for living. At the very end of the book, Johnny incorporates nine of his favorite food recipes.
 
 
My Thoughts:


From My Mama's Kitchen by Johnny Tan is a heart touching journey that show readers that a woman does not have to a blood relation to impact and impart wisdom and love. In this short book, Mr. Tan shares the philosophies of 9 women who greatly impacted his life. As I was reading and each bit of "wisdom" was revealed I kept thinking to myself," I know this" or "I always do this." These philosophies are simple, but it made me realize where I learned them from...my mother, my grandmother, and a very special lady who treated me as her own. Mr. Tan's 9 moms provided him with the universal wisdom of mothers and he in turn is passing it along through this book. From My Mama's Kitchen is sweet, insightful, and personal all at the same time. This would be the perfect gift for a child to share with the various mothers in their lives! I highly recommend From My Mama's Kitchen by Johnny Tan.


For More Information:

Learn more about From My Mama's Kitchen in this YouTube video

No comments:

Post a Comment