Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
 
 
I am going to be completely honest...I failed at the Top Ten topic this week. What topic could I possibly fail at? Well, the Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Stuff. This should be an easy topic right? I really don't like books that deal with "tough stuff" that much. I may have a close minded philosophy, but everyday life around the world is depressing enough. Why buy books that just depress me when I could turn on the news? Anyways, I tried my best. These are a few books that I have read in the "tough stuff" category that I really liked.
 
 
~ If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin
 
You know this book is sad just by looking at the cover and you know it is sad by reading the back of the book. Despite all of this you start reading, it gives you hope, and crushes you in the end. The Tough Stuff factor- death of a young person and one or two surprise issues
 
 
~The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
 
I received this a review book and started reading it between class breaks at college. By the time I was through with the book I had to go to my mother's office (who works at my college) and sit in her office behind closed doors as I cried my eyes out. The Tough Stuff factor- Cancer
 
 
~Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
 
Military books will get me every time. I absolutely love Something Like Normal by Trish Doller. This is a book about a young soldier who comes home from war and has to learn to deal and accept what happened during his time of service and how his old life has changed as well. The Tough Stuff factor- War, PTSD, Divorce, & Death
 
 
~The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
 
This looks like a happy, fun, summer book and in most ways it is. That's not the whole story. This book is mostly about growing up and realizing things don't always turn out like you plan. The Tough Stuff factor- Growing Up and Disillusionment
 
 
 
****That's all I have folks! Leave me a link or comment so I can check out your Top Ten!


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment