Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Stardust by Mimi Strong


Title: We Are Made of Stardust
Author: Mimi Strong
Publisher: Mimi Strong (June 22, 2013)
Length: 237 pages
Series: #1 Peaches Monroe
Format: ebook/Kindle


Description from Goodreads:

can't I say no? And what is this sordid secret of his the reporters are trying to uncover?There I was, minding my own business at Peachtree Books when this lunatic comes racing in the door and knocks me into his arms. I would have ripped him a new one, but he was kinda familiar, and hot. Like I-want-to-have-your-sexy-babies-now hot.

Turns out he looks familiar because I stare at his gorgeous face on TV every week. Yup, Dalton Deangelo. In the oh-so-firm flesh.

I let him hide out from the press for a while, then I thought he'd be on his way, and I could breathe normally again. But no. He found me interesting. He wanted to tag along to my cousin's wedding with me. I couldn't say no to that face ... or THOSE EYES. Before the night was through, he was saying sweet things, then dirty things. Very dirty things.

I try to keep my eyes wide open. I've made terrible, stupid mistakes in the past. But Dalton Deangelo's touch turns me to Jell-O.

I'm just a regular girl, and he's rich and famous with no body fat. The guy has a butler! So, why is he chasing me? And why can't I say no? And what is this sordid secret of his the reporters are trying to uncover?


My Thoughts:


      Peaches is a “good girl”, a little on the plump side, and works in the small bookstore in her quaint little town. All in all, she doesn’t live a very exciting life. That is until one day while trying to plug the air vents so the delectable smell of the bakery next door doesn’t waft in she literally falls into a stranger’s arms. Who is this stranger? He just happens to be the bad boy heartthrob of the most popular vampire TV series. Let’s just say that Peaches’ life is about to get a whole lot more interesting. Wild sexy time, skinny dipping, “parking”, trespassing, and naked photos ensue. Things seem to be a little too good to be true and that usually means they are.
      Are you looking for a hilarious laugh out loud summer read? You have found the right book. I absolutely love Stardust by Mimi Strong. Peaches doesn’t have the greatest view of her slightly plump body and cannot fathom why this Hollywood hunk is chasing after her. But you only live once right? So Peaches gives in and has the time of her life. Peaches’ character is one of the funniest I have read in a long time. The euphemisms she uses for naughty bits and descriptions had me laughing like a mad woman and people coming to check and see if I was alright. Let me give you a little example, “My gaze got stuck briefly around his zipper, pondering exactly what was causing the sizable shadow in the area. A wrinkle in the fabric? A giant python? A tree trunk for one to climb with her bare-naked vagina?”. See what I mean? Peaches is a great character through and through. She doesn’t have the body of a supermodel (I can relate), she has self-esteem issues but is confident in herself at the same time, she has a twistedly dirty humor, and she believes she deserves to be happy. This is a heroine who many women will be able to relate and connect to. Readers will be able to easily fall for the other supporting characters as well. You have the love interest…Dalton Deangelo. He is the quintessential hunk of a heartthrob; smooth, sophisticated, experienced, charismatic, and rich. Perhaps just a little too perfect? Then there is the roommate/cousin/best friend Shayla. She is just as outrageous and funny as Peaches is, but is her perfect complement because of her outgoing attitude. There is a potential for a love triangle (at least I see one) with the long ago high school crush Adrian Storm. You can sense some chemistry, but it is often overshadowed by his foot-in-mouth douchebagery.
       Great characters, great chemistry, humor, interesting dialogue and some oh so hot sexy time make this book a must read for romance lovers. The only thing I might perhaps find fault with is the names of the characters. Peaches Monroe, Dalton Deangelo, and Adrian Storm…hello 90s soap opera! Other than me being picky there isn’t one thing about this book that I would change. From the quirky “real” characters to the OMG-WTF-When-Is-the-Next-Book-Out ending! I loved every minute of it. I give this book a 5 STAR rating!


No comments:

Post a Comment