Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday 07/22/2013
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish every Tuesday.
Today is once again Top Ten Tuesday! Sadly, I haven’t posted a Top Ten in a while L (I’ve been slacking.) So, today’s topic is the Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make You NOT Pick Up a Book! Oooh!!!!!!!!!! This is a good topic for me because I tend to be kind of picky! Without further ado….
10. Animals- I do not like books where animals are main or secondary characters. They always inevitably die during the book….this makes me cry.
09. Terminal Illness- In case you don’t know, I hate books that make me cry. I like everything to by roses and great big balls of sunshine. (I will occasionally make an exception i.e. The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder.)
08. Reincarnated Lovers/Soul mates- This just does not appeal to me in the slightest. Someone else always comes along to mess it up between them. I also don’t believe that they can be the same people and it’s hard for me to believe they automatically “belong” together.
07. Theft- I don’t like books about people who steal. No particular reason…I just don’t. (With exception of Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen. I LOVE this book!)
06. Married People Cheating- I just refuse to read this topic. Those books about a spouse having some epic and torrid love affair…not for me. If you are going to “cheat” either grow the balls to tell that person and be honest or leave.
I do not want to be stuck here.
05. Desert Settings- I live in South East Texas. It is hot. Think 105 in the summer not including the hellish humidity. I don’t want to have to read about a place that is even more miserable than where I live.
04. Egyptian Mythology- This is hard for a lot of authors to get “right”. Most of the time it comes across as cartoonish and it is hard for me to believe in the world trying to be created.
03. Main Character/Love Interest Dies- No…Just No. Life in general is depressing enough that I don’t want to pay money for a book/entertainment that is just going to depress me even more. (Mr. Nicholas Sparks this means you!)
Seriously...this is too hot to die no matter how old!I want to pretend they turned into vampires and lived in hotness happily ever after.
02. Mysteries- I am an impatient person. I don’t want to play a whodunit game that is 350 pages long. Books like this are too tempting that I can’t put off reading the end just to see if everything turns out the way I want it. If it doesn’t…I won’t read the book and there goes my money.
01. Amnesia- As stated above…I am impatient!!!!!! I want them to remember now and there to be no mystery. When I see the word amnesia my mind automatically dismisses that book.
***Thanks for stopping by! What do you think? Leave me a link to your Top Ten so I can check it out!