Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Bookish Bucket List


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish





Top Ten Tuesday

Hello Everyone! Today’s topic is …Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List (could be blogging related, book related etc. -- meeting authors, reading x many books per year, finishing a daunting book, etc.) I am loving this subject! I have a pretty good bucket list.

 

1.     Finish all of my unfinished series – I am horrible. The majority of my unfinished series I just need to finish the last book. I either put it off because I don’t want the series to end i.e. The Demon Trappers Daughter or it took forever for the book to come out and I would need to reread the entire series to remember what was happening i.e. Infinite Days.

2.     Clean my shelves of all books I will never read/finish – I have absolutely too many books and I just keep buying more. Currently I have 3 floor to ceiling shelves, a dresser filled with books two rows deep, my headboard is a bookshelf, and I have two mid-height shelves that are both stacked two rows deep and one of the resides in my closet. I need to prioritize.

3.     Go to at least one author signing – I am so excited! I might actually get to cross this one off in a couple of days! The university I work at is hosting three National Book Awards authors gene Luen Yang, Lucie Brock-Broido, and Tea Obreht. If you live in Texas and are interested Click Here .

4.     Reach the point where I post at least five times a week – Since getting a full time job I come home and I’m tired.

5.     Finish reading at least half of my TBR (it’s massive) – See number 2

6.     Own all of my favorite book to movie adaptations on DVD – I must own Pride and Prejudice, Austenland, Lost in Austen, The Vampire Academy, and eventually Morganville Vampires.

7.     Accept that just because I have half of a series in paperback and the rest in hardcover it does not mean I have to hunt down and buy the other half to match – For example. I first started reading The Vampire Academy series before they were being published in hardcover. They became popular and if I wanted to read the new one as soon as it came out I had to buy it in hardcover. So I gave my paperbacks away knowing I was going to buy the entire series in hardcover. I had books 1,4,5,& 6 in the Vampire Academy series in hardcover. I could not find 2 & 3 anywhere. So, what do I do? Give the hardcovers away and buy the boxed set. You’re welcome Richelle Mead. Sadly, I also own the audiobooks.

8.     I would love to start a reading program in my community – I have a ton of books I could donate to the cause and as fellow readers you know there is nothing more magical then discovering a book that changes your life. Sadly, not everyone is exposed to this.

9.     Find a part time bookish job - This is just because I want to be more active in the book world.

10.  Write a book – I was feeling particularly creative and have started 2 or 3 ideas, but I’m finding it hard to follow through.

 

What is on your Bookish Bucket List? Do we have any of the same goals? Leave me a link to your Top Ten in the comments below so I can check it out!



 










2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on #9 and #10!
    New follower :)

    Finley Jayne
    http://finleyjaynesbookshelves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently went and cleaned out my bookshelves, too. I kept all the "loves" and TBRs but got rid of the junk I'm not a fan of.

    I love how this is a Top 10 Tuesday! You may also want to link up to the original Bookish Bucket List, too!

    ReplyDelete