Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish. Every week a new top ten list is posted and this week is Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Books. Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes was an EXTREMELY hard list, but one of the ones I have been looking forward to the most. This is a list I have had to put a lot of thought into and was able to accomplish with the help of the ever amazing Goodreads!

10.) Tithe by Holly Black
“Kaye: You know what the sun looks like?
Janet: No, What?
Kaye: Like he slit his wrists in a bathtub and the blood is all over the water.
Janet: That's gross, Kaye.
Kaye: And the moon is just watching. She's just watching him die. She must have driven him to it.”

9.)Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
“Heaven's brightest and best-loved angel, who was cast out for inspiring a rebellion against God. Having lost Heaven, Lucifer and his rebel angels vowed to continue fighting here on earth."
"I don't understand why he had to fight. He was already in heaven."
"True. But he wasn't content to serve. He wanted more."
"He had all he could ask for, didn't he?" Ann asks.
"Exactly." Miss Moore states. "He had to ask. He was dependent upon someone else's whim. It's a terrible thing to have no power of one's own. To be denied.”

8.) Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
“I wonder if I'll ever have to decide which is worse, life as we're living or no life at all.”

7.) A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.”

6.)Night by Elie Wiesel
“For the survivor who chooses to testify, it is clear: his duty is to bear witness for the dead and for the living. He has no right to deprive future generations of a past that belongs to our collective memory. To forget would be not only dangerous but offensive; to forget the dead would be akin to killing them a second time.”
 
5.) The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
“Who are we if not the stories we pass down? What happens when there's no one left to tell those stories? To hear them? Who will ever know that I existed? What if we are the only ones left -- who will know our stories then? Who will remember those?”

4.)Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
“What if evil doesn't really exist? What if evil is something dreamed up by man, and there is nothing to struggle against except our own limitations? The constant battle between our will, our desires, and our choices?”
3.) Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men by Molly Harper
“He’s practically stalking me. He just won’t let it go. He’s just being … he’s being a jackass with a flaky jackass crust and a delicious jackass filling.”
“So he’s jackass pie?”

2.) Big Girl by Danielle Steel
“I'm one of them. The weirdos and the freaks. My point was that it's ok to be different, and from now on we'd better be, if we're going to make something of ourselves. It's the one thing I learned in school. Different is ok."
1.) Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
“Mortals. I envy you. You think you can change things. Stop the universe. Undo what was done long before you came along. You are such beautiful creatures.”

***Did any of my random favorite quotes make your list? Leave me a link so I can check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment