Friday, November 8, 2013

Starlight by Mimi Strong (Peaches Monroe 2)

Title: Starlight
Author: Mimi Strong
Series: Peaches Monroe #2
Publisher: Mimi Strong (September 3, 2013)
Length: 276 pages
Format: Kindle eBook


Description from Goodreads:

So, I fly my rockin' curves off to LA for the big Peaches Monroe (that's me) underwear shoot.

I'm nursing a broken heart from you-know-who, when along comes Keith Raven. Sexy, tanned, and nearly naked. He's my new co-model, and let me tell you, Keith is the full package with a big package (wink, wink).

My new bestie Mitchell warns me that all male models are walking disasters, but I think Keith's different. He meditates, for example. And, unlike some people, he doesn't toy with my affection.

Staying at Keith's apartment in LA and swimming in his pool is heavenly, not to mention the more intimate details of our Rebound Arrangement. What's a Rebound Arrangement, you ask? It's a fixed-length romance and a great way to turn your world upside-down.

Meanwhile, Dalton Deangelo is trying to redeem himself and win me back. He sucks at redemption, but he is charming.

Somebody please stop me, because if I keep slamming my heart like this, it's going to break.



My Thoughts:

Peaches Monroe has made it to L.A., discovered some disturbing secrets about Mr. Dalton Deangelo, and has found a new boy toy in a fellow model. Laugh out loud antics, outrageous quips, and sexy time is bound to ensue. The modeling industry is hard on everyone, but a plus sized girl? It can be downright brutal. However, with her new flamboyant friend Mitchell and hunky-as-hell male model Keith, Peaches holds her own. This book really doesn't focus on the whole Peaches/Dalton relationship,  but on her growth as a person. There is a HUGE Peaches Monroe revelation in Starlight that I never saw coming, but it explains so much about her character. The way that it has effected her is sad, but I have a feeling that in the upcoming books we will see her deal with it more. As for the guys in this book they are the complete opposite of Dalton. They are as sweet as can be and care so much for Peaches. Keith seems like the perfect guy. He is sweet, caring, kind, understanding, and constantly uplifting Peaches. He really helped her have more faith and acceptance in not only her body, but herself as a whole. If you are reading for the raunchy parts Peaches and Keith more than deliver. Apparently there is nothing like marshmallow sex.  Mitchell...all I can say is everyone needs a Mitchell in their lives. He is instantly loyal to Peaches and a great friend. I sincerely hope that Mimi Strong brings these characters back in future installments of the Peaches Monroe series. Dalton is not as involved in this story as much as I thought he would have been, but for you Dalton lovers...fear not. Dalton definitely sticks around like the plague and will be in the next book. Last but not least is my favorite part of the Peaches Monroe series and that is the dialogue. I can't think of any author I have read that has funnier, better, and slightly dirty dialogue that I enjoy more than Mimi Strong's. I would be reading Starlight on my Kindle at home and at work randomly laughing out loud. People/family would stop and stare...I just couldn't help myself. I had to read the funny dirty bits out loud and now I know four more people who have started the series. Hopefully there will be many more installments to the Peaches Monroe series and with writing like this, that is a good possibility. I give this book a 4 1/2 STAR rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment