Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Read in a Day!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish. Every week a new top ten list is posted and this week is Top Ten Books To Read In A Day! I've been known to stay up to the wee hours of the morning to finish a really good book. These aren't my necessarily my favorites (they're close though), but I really did stay up all and finish these in one day. All of the titles should be linked to their description and review pages on Goodreads.com.

10.) Saving June by Hannah Harrington
 I loved this book! My review just gushes about it! Check out My Review.
9.)Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins  (Hex Hall #1)
 I love books that deal with boarding school! I kind of want to teach at one...and if it was full of witches and shapeshifter, even better.
8.)Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement Moore
 I love me some southern gothic YA! I thought this book was about vampire from the cover and was so surprised that it wasn't.
7.)Glimmerglass by Jenna Black (Faeriewalker #1)
 I'm a big fan of faerie books. I had judged this one to be all fluff from the cover. I was wrong. This is actually a uniqe take on faeries.
6.)The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (Summer #1)
 This is my favorite contemporary series ever! Read My Review!

5.)Anna & The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
 I was in the mood for a cute romance and this was just the ticket!
4.)Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout (Lux #1)
 I was unsure going into this book. Everyone else had loved it, but aliens aren't my thing. Let me just say...it was awesome. Check out My Review.
3.)Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers

I found this book to be extremely unique and it made me a life long fan of Courtney Summers. Check out My Review!
2.)Tithe by Holly Black (The Modern Faeries Tales #1)
This is a dark story about faeries and one of my favorite books of all time! I read this at least twice a year and listen to the audiobook.
1.)The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (The Forest of Hands and Teeth #1)
 I was a freshman in college and after staying up all night I finished this book in my mom's office. Good think too, because I fugly cried! (in case you don't know it is about zombies)

I have started a new feature called Topic of the Month and April is Contemporary! If you are following this feature book numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, & 10 are contemporary reads that I would HIGHLY recommend. These are definitely in my top favorites. If you haven't heard of the Topic of the Month please check it out and tell me what you think!

5 comments:

  1. I still need to read the Hex Hall books!
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-tuesdays-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to read Hex Hall for the book club I'm in. I'm excited bc it's gotten great reviews and it's on your list!
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Oh one of the few people I've seen that's read Tithe. I need to reread it. I haven't in years. And I just ordered Hex Hall yesterday. I can't wait for it to come in.
    Miranda @ The Lonely Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge Anna fan as well as The Summer I Turned Pretty. It me a little longer than a day, but I really really enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete